With the temperatures reaching a sweltering 80° today, I was craving a summery meal for dinner. Shrimp tacos sounded like the perfect option! Since I had a little extra time on my hands this evening, I decided to get fancy and make a tortilla bowl. It turned out so well!
Shortly after chopping the red onions, I was crying like a baby. I even washed the onion and knife under cold water, but my eyes still stung.
Smooth, creamy, and limey guacamole is the best. Mmm.
Shrimp Tortilla Bowl (serves one)
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 4oz of peeled shrimp
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of lime guacamole
1.Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a small pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the shrimp on medium heat for about three minutes on each side.
3. While the shrimp is cooking, shape the tortilla in an oven-safe dish. Sprinkle the bottom of the tortilla with the shredded cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the tortilla hardens.
4. Fill the tortilla bowl with lettuce, shrimp, sour cream, and guacamole.
Lime Guacamole (serves four)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
2. Scoop out the avocado meat using a spoon and transfer it to a bowl. Mash with a fork until no large lumps remain.
3. Add the chopped red onions, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Thoroughly mix with a spoon.
The Bachelorette premieres tonight–you know where I’ll be for the next two hours!