I should have known that attempting to make major changes to the blog on October 13th was a bad idea, even if it wasn’t a Friday. Considering my knowledge of coding and any other technical-sounding thing is limited, it wasn’t much of a surprise when Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill crashed on Saturday. When I get an idea inside my head, I want to immediately act on it, so I tried to switch hosts and assumed that I would be able to figure it out along the way.
I called a technician, but he didn’t seem to understand when I told him that I know nothing about creating a website. Once he started spitting information about different databases and using acronyms, I hung up and went through a process of trial-and-error. Eight hours and several questions about whether or not my site was hacked later, I had some sort of website back up and running.
Since there was no forethought when I decided to switch servers, I’m still working on different design aspects—feel free to share your thoughts or suggestions! I apologize if you weren’t able to access my blog this past weekend, but’ it’s hopefully working now!