One of the main reasons why I started a blog was because I wanted to have a platform beyond Facebook in which I could capture memories. My blog has allowed me to take a step back and reflect on all that I have accomplished thus far. I am so appreciative of every opportunity that I have had this past year, so I wanted to take the time and look back at 2011 in retrospect.
- I rang in the new year in New York City with my boyfriend.
- I created my first blog in February, but I had no idea what it entailed.
- My brother ran his first 5k race with me (and he placed 2nd in his age group!).
- I celebrated my 20th birthday with my two younger sisters in Cancun, Mexico.
- I experienced Seacrets for the first time.
- Our Chinese exchange student and her two friends visited us.
- I enjoyed many fun trips to Ocean City, Maryland.
- I took a rock climbing course and [sort of] became a certified belayer.
- I worked as a volunteer for Mercedes-Benz Spring 2012 Fashion Week.
- I met my lifetime goal: I saw Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in person.
- Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill made it big—I bought my domain.
- I had the opportunity to meet other bloggers, including Jamie, Katy, several Baltimore bloggers, and Jess.
- I completed a 24-mile bike race around Baltimore.
- My siblings and I had a fall photo shoot together.
- I traveled to Curacao to celebrate my mom’s birthday.
- I accepted an internship position at Girls’ Life magazine.
- I experimented more in the kitchen and created many delicious foods.
- I spent the holidays with family and friends.
Needless to say, it was a great year for me and I’m so grateful for all of the wonderful opportunities that I had in 2011.
What are some of your highlights of 2011?