80lb Suitcase

On Friday morning, I said my goodbyes to New York and packed my suitcase to head back to Baltimore. I was thankful that I was taking a bus home because my luggage definitely would not have met airport regulations. Even after splaying my body across my suitcase just in an attempt to zip it closed, I still had several items that wouldn’t fit inside. I received several gift bags from Fashion Week, somehow acquired a bottle of champagne, and also had my laptop, iPad, and purse full of Fiji water bottles, FiberOne brownies, and Mentos gum (aka what I subsisted off of the entire week).

so much crap

I grabbed a quick breakfast from Dunkin Donuts then set out to catch a cab. Naturally, everyone else in the city needed a taxi at the same time, so I decided to walk a few blocks while lugging my 80lb suitcase and various other bags. Talk about a workout. I started to worry that I wouldn’t make it in time for my bus, but I eventually found a cab on a less crowded street. I arrived just in time for my 9:30am bus and was pleased to find that the line wasn’t too long, meaning that I could get a seat on the bottom of the bus and in the front. When it neared 10am and there was no Baltimore bus in sight, I began to worry. Luckily, the two women standing behind me were also waiting for the same bus.

By 10:30am, an attendant finally came around telling us that the bus to Baltimore had arrived. The only catch was that it was actually the 10:30am bus. We then came to find out that the 9:30am bus had already came and left. Don’t ask how ten of us managed to miss our bus, but we did. Fortunately, the attendant was kind enough to ensure that we were the first ones on the bus.

Natalie picked me up from the bus stop and even surprised me with gorgeous red roses.

roses and bus

Since I arrived later than expected, I only had two hours before I was supposed to be babysitting. It was an easy night–we ordered a pizza, watched movies, and the kids caught me up on their lives as fourth graders.

I crashed when I came home, but was up early on Saturday morning. My mom and I left a little after 9am to drive to the beach. The weather in Maryland has been pretty dreary, so we stopped at the Queenstown Outlets, knowing that it wouldn’t be a beach day. We spent a few hours catching up and shopping.

jcrew factory

I bought some new workout gear from Under Armour, fall essentials from J.Crew, and a ton of delicious-smelling products from Bath and Body Works. I obviously need to have hand soap that smells like caramel candy apples. We also stopped in Harry and David to pick up a few gourmet treats and to taste some samples.

harry and david

We then got back on the road and made it to Ocean City in the late afternoon. Despite the pouring down rain, I had the urge to do some more shopping. My mom stayed behind as I went to South Moon Under and K-Coast. I found a cute dress at South Moon Under, but the smallest size hung too loosely on me. I didn’t find anything for myself at K-Coast either, though I did buy a t-shirt and pair of Reef flip flops for my brother. Tough life having four sisters, huh?

My mom and I decided to order dinner from The Crabcake Factory; I chose the crab dip in a bread bowl and my mom went with the grilled chicken with lump crabmeat on top. Both were delicious!

crap dip bread bowl

The rest of the night was spent curled up on the couch watching Wedding Crashers with my friend Molly. I hadn’t seen her in a few months, so it was nice to spend time with her.

All night, I was shivering and could not seem to get warm. It was cold outside, but not that cold. After Molly left, my entire body was shaking just during the time that I was walking from my couch to my bed. I ended up having an awful night of sleep; I had a headache the entire night and was tossing and turning. I wasn’t running a fever, but woke up this morning not feeling so great. I took some ibuprofen and am now spending the day watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians and the Ravens game.

I’m working on my recap of my time in New York City, so I’m hoping to have a post up in the next couple of days.

How are you spending your weekend?

Is it cold where you live, or are you still enjoying the last couple of days of summer?


6 thoughts on “80lb Suitcase

Share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s