After breakfast this morning, I went on a cleaning frenzy. I wiped all of the counters in the kitchen, put away all of the dishes, emptied out the fridge, and vacuumed all the floors on my first level. Nothing beats having a perfectly clean house!
When Jen and her boyfriend came over for a surprise visit, we decided that we would go swimming and spend the afternoon outside in my backyard. It’s rare that my whole family is home at the same time, so it was nice to just hang out and catch up with everyone, including my mom and dad. Natalie is still at the beach, enjoying her second week of Senior Week (I told her that it’s about time she comes home).
I wanted to go on a hike in the late afternoon, but as soon as we came inside from the pool, dark clouds rolled in. A few minutes later, it started pouring and thundering. I was disappointed but still wanted to get a workout in, so I resorted to ExerciseTV for some bathing suit yoga.
What exactly is bathing suit yoga, you ask? It’s the practice of yoga that involves you being too lazy to change into workout gear that you just wear your bikini while downward-dogging. Since it only made sense, I followed up bathing suit yoga with bathing suit weightlifting. I advise only trying this at home.
I was hungry for dinner by the time that I finished up my pool-appropriate workouts. I originally wanted to steam all of the vegetables that I had on hand, but halfway through cooking, my mom mentioned that she just bought some chicken breasts. I added the chicken to the stir fry and remembered that I had some naan in my freezer. A plain and boring dinner became a delicious one! It was similar to a gyro and was so, so good.
Mock Gyro (serves four)
- 4 pieces of naan (I like the kind from Trader Joe’s)
- 12 ounces chicken breast
- 1/4 cup zucchini
- 1/4 cup yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup orange peppers
- 1/4 cup red peppers
- 1/2 cup yellow onions
- 1/2 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350° .
2. Cut the zucchini, peppers, and onions in thin slices.
3. Wash and cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces.
4. In a large pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, lightly saute the vegetables and chicken for 2-3 minutes then add two tablespoons of water to the pan and cover. Cook for 6-8 minutes, sauteing it occasionally.
5. When the vegetables and chicken are close to finishing, heat the naan in the oven for 3 minutes, or until it is soft and warm.
6. Add the seasonings to the stir fry, then top the naan with the mixture. Add feta cheese and serve immediately.